Please click on link below to view a pdf copy of the letter. Thank you and stay well!
2020-03-16 parent letter covid19
March 16, 2020
Dear Catholic School Parents and Guardians,
The health and safety of our families is our top priority. We are continuing to follow the guidance from the CDC and public health organizations as we make decisions about how best to move forward with regard to the coronavirus (Covid-19). After prayerful consideration, Bishop Gregory Parkes has directed that all Catholic school and Early Childhood center buildings will be closed to students from Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27. The schedule of days follows:
- March 16 – No school for students.
- March 17 – Local, school-level meetings as planned by your administrator. No school for students.
- March 18-20 – Virtual/Online school days.
- March 23-27 – No school for students; we will be using the days off from Easter vacation to give our teachers and students a mental and physical break.
- March 30 and after- Normal school or virtual/online days, based on future guidance. This has not been decided as of the writing of this document.
- April 10 – Good Friday; no school for students.
- April 13-17 – These are no longer days off. They will be normal school or virtual/online days.
We ask for your patience and assistance during this unprecedented situation. We understand the difficulty these actions will have for many families, particularly changes in the school calendar. We will be speaking to our administrators about working with families who already made plans the week after Easter. Let’s continue to pray for one another and remember that while we are separated by quarantines, self-isolation and social distancing, Pope Francis reminds us that, united in Christ we are never alone.
Sincerely in Christ,
Christopher L. Pastura
Superintendent of Catholic Schools and Centers